I’ve managed to get hold of a map of all the wine regions of Spain and Portugal – on the same map! How innovative is that?
Why is it that 99% of wine maps ignore the surrounding areas? It removes so much context, particularly when wine regions can be separated by some pretty arbitrary political borders.
Anyway, I’ve now got mine and I will be taking pride of place on my wall at some stage – it is quite beautiful as well as practical. Check it out!
If you fancy your own, you have 3 choices:
- If you are in the US/Canada, visit De Long Wine to read more about the guy who published this and how to get hold of it over there.
- If you are in Europe, you’d be better to buy it from Catavino‘s site as the shipping is much cheaper
- BUT, if you are a UK wine retailer, you could try contacting me QUICKLY! I’m about to offer 10 of these to new customers that list wines from the Dinastia Vivanco range. If you get in early, you are more likely to get hold of one. Not only will the map be free, but you get to make money from selling the Rioja wines – not a bad deal.
Oh, and in case you have “that song” going through your mind, you can find it here, don’t cha know 🙂
Related articles by Zemanta
- Top scores for Coleccion Vivanco Rioja wines (thirstforrioja.co.uk)
- What wines to match with Food Bloggers? (thirstforrioja.co.uk)
- Rioja for a song (thirstforrioja.co.uk)
- The Rioja Reds of Spain (spanish-wine.suite101.com)